Pick your schedule for the summer! Call for more information.
Lake Leelanau Rowing Club’s summer camps include weekend and full week programs. Prices include resort accommodations, rowing shells, two coached rows per day, ergometers, videos, lectures and high quality catered breakfasts & lunches.
***Rowers under the age of 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
Weekend (3 Days/2 Nights) – $595
The weekend program provides an intensive overview of sculling technique. Weekends condense a lot of information into just three days and are great as a technical tune-up for experienced rowers while providing newcomers with an efficient introduction to the sport. The program has four scheduled coached sessions, video reviews, land lectures and ergometer workouts planned through the course of the weekend. All weekend program starts at 4:00pm on Friday and ends at 12:00pm with lunch on Sunday.
- Friday: Review of Fountain Point grounds & where everything is located, discussion of club safety policies, erg workout with a focus on sculling technique, review the technique for getting back in a single once it has flipped followed by a flip test on the water.
- Saturday: Morning and evening rows in a quad, double or single based on rowers experience, focus on technique and blade work, video reviews of each row with specific items to focus on next time.
- Sunday: Specific review of the catch, drive and finish to improve efficiency and increase speed, video review with what has improved over the weekend and additional items to work on.
Week (6 Days/5 Nights) – $1,195
A complete exploration of sculling technique. The program includes 10 scheduled coached sessions, video reviews, land lectures and ergometer workouts. The afternoon is a great chance to enjoy any of the resort’s complementary activities, nearby golf courses, over two dozen wineries, many charming villages offering shopping and sightseeing or Grand Traverse Lighthouse and Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. All week-long programs start at 4:00pm on Sundays and end at 12:00pm with lunch on Friday.
- Sunday: Review of Fountain Point grounds & where everything is located, discussion of club safety policies, erg workout with a focus on sculling technique, review the technique for getting back in a single once it has flipped followed by a flip test on the water.
- Monday: Rowing a quad, you’ll go back to the basics to learn to scull or correct technique issues to improve form and efficiency. Video reviews will be done after each row to discuss successes and areas of improvement.
- Tuesday: Rowing in a double, we will begin to work on more advanced balance and technique drills to improve speed. Video reviews will be done after each row to discuss successes and areas of improvement.
- Wednesday: Rowing in a single, we will help to improve your proficiency and confidence in smaller boats. The advanced technique and slide control drills worked on here will apply to and improve your sweep and sculling! Video reviews will be done after each row to discuss successes and areas of improvement.
- Thursday: Rowing in a double or single, we will work specifically on each of the four phases of the stroke with a focus on ‘perfecting’ technique, reducing check and letting the boat run on the recovery. Video reviews will be done after each row to discuss successes and areas of improvement.
- Friday: Rowing in a double or single, we will work on backing in to a starting platform, racing starts and stroke rates to prepare you for a regatta.
Run Your Own Camp
Are you a professional coach looking to run a camp this summer? We’ve hosted a number of top high school and college teams looking to escape the summer heat down south and prepare for the upcoming season. The Lake Leelanau Rowing Club’s fleet of over fifteen 1x, seven 2x, two 4x, three 4+ and ten 8+ can boat about 130 rowers on the water at the same time. Coaching-safety launches include a Boston Whaler, two pontoons, one wake-less launch and three aluminum launches. With 50 acres and a half mile private waterfront on 30,000 meter crystal clear Lake Leelanau, Fountain Point Resort can accommodate up to 140 guests in 20 varying size cottages and can safely store any equipment coaches may bring to enhance the experience of athletes. Guest boat racks provide overnight storage of personal shells and two 55ft floating docks ensure safe and fast launch and recovery.
Contact us for pricing and availability.
Dates & Registration
Weekend Camp Dates: June 30th – July 2nd, July 21st – July 23rd & August 11th – August 13th
Week Long Camp Dates: July 9th – July 15th & July 30th – August 5th